Tuesday 16 November 2010

Good News

On any given day it is far from unusual for me to spend hour catching up on events around the world, but it seems far too easy to discover all the terrors going on in the world, when I’m sure just as many wonderful things are happening simultaneously. 

So why is it bad news is handed to us on a plate, while good news and beauty is to be searched for on ones own accord. Luckily I look for the bright side of every situation, but I’m sure there are many out there who focus so much on the bad things and forget about how easy life is in the21st Century.

Recently I have been watching ‘Apocalypse. The Second War’; a documentary I think should be forced viewing, but unfortunately most of England will switch into X Factor one channel below. The idea of people missing out on this program to indulge in such talent-less trivia troubles me at exactly 8 pm every Saturday, mostly because I believe that watching this documentary makes you realise what a wonderful country we live in. A bad day might be one where we feel ill, or perhaps get rained on whilst walking to the bus stop. A bad day in the 1940’s? –Invasion, death. Everything is relative.

I just think that if there were a daily access to good news around the world, the world would be a better place. The last words Anne Frank ever wrote ‘In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart'

I think what I’m trying to say is, go to efforts to find the good in life, appreciate what you have, not what you want, look around you more,  and acknowledge a ‘good day’ as one where everyone is at least healthy and happy.

Today a child waved out a bus window, and a frail old woman put her bags down just to return the wave. Her face lit up, it made her day.

Fernwood Cove 2010
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' – Anne Frank












No comments:

Post a Comment